Rykten 8ed Fantasy

edited 13 januari 2010 17:17 in Warhammer fantasy

Lite saker som diskuteras på Warsser

Det som är nyuppdaterat skrivs i kursiv text

More reliable rumours

ARMY SELECTION AND OTHER BITS

• Army construction is moving back to percentages.

All from Avian (more likely): 25% max characters (includes mounts) 25% min core 50% max special 25% max rare

I am just going to spell this out how it is. People have seen printed in GW rulebooks 25% max characters and 25% lord 25% hero. I think many GW stores will be basing their demonstrations on 25% lord 25% hero. Make of that what you will.

Just so I am clear on this, as there has been some misunderstanding, you can have a lord level character leading a small army if you want to (within the points), you don't have to take a hero as you do currently. I have heard nothing about unit champions being the general

Allied Forces

• Allied forces will not get a % allocation. However, rules for using allied forced (i.e. an updated allied forces chart) are in the rulebook.
  • Allies are now split into 3 groups:

Forces of Order: High Elves, Wood Elves, Lizardmen, Empire, Dwarfs and Brettonia

Forces of Destruction: Chaos of any kind, Skaven, Greenskins, Dark Elves (edit. Vampire Counts may go here).

Neutral: Ogres and Tomb Kings

• The allies rules are intended to be used by more than 2 players. You are not supposed to use more than one armybook in your army.
  • Allies are allowed to use the other army General’s leadership, but cause panic in units of the other army if they are forced to flee. If an allied unit is forced to flee through another ally from a different group, the stationary unit counts as dangerous terrain. I.e. High Elves flee through Warriors of Chaos.

• Categories for core/special/rare are remaining.

• Special Choices: No more than 3 of the same type - Examples; No more than 3 units of Chaos Knights, or 3 units of Forsaken etc in the same army. Rare Choices: No more than 2 of the same type - Examples; No more than 2 Hellcannons, or 2 Chaos Giants etc in the same army.

• These numbers are increased when having games of 3000 points or more. (Up to 6 special and 4 rare). High Elves ignore these restrictions.

• There will be a system wide errata to clear up issues for each army.

You may measure distances whenever you want.

MOVEMENT

Standard Movement

• Measure the distance for the furthest moving model, and perform whatever manoeuvres you wish within that lax limitation (i.e. they all move like fast cav currently do, minus the reform).

• (edit: It seems I am very close with this, the champion one is only by process of deduction. Still awaiting further confirmation on all this)

Standard Bearer = Re-roll one of the charging dice Musician = +1" Charge bonus Champion = One free reform

(edit: As it has caused some confusion, these are all only additions to what all the command models currently do)

Charging.

• An added 'bonus' of getting an 'extra' +D6 or +D3 inches of movement to your Movement range (presumably the D6 or D3 decided by the category of warrior; infantry/cavalry/ogre sized). o Edit; rumoured to be:

Infantry M1-M6 = Basic Movement value + 2D6
        _Fast Attack M7+ (Cavalry and fliers) = Basic Movement value + 3D6 use 2 highest)_

• +1CR for charging. -Avian (more likely)

Fliers

• Move 10 " and march 20 ". They ignore terrain whilst moving. While fleeing or pursuing, they use their ground movement. (note: the ground movement part may not be entirely correct)

Marching.

• Movement distance as normal. When there's an enemy within 8", the unit has to pass a leadership test to march. Not sure how this applies to Dwarfs.

Reforming

• Units may reform once, but may neither move nor shoot the same turn. If the unit has a musician, it may move afterwards, or shoot. (Note: I'm pretty sure I'm missing some details on that one.)

Heavy cavalry - Avian says this is possibly speculation

• Rumoured to be something like this: All infantry and cavalry models (i.e. smaller than ogre sized) with a passive non-magical save of 3+ or better cannot march move. I.e. heavy armour and shield would allow you to march, as the +1 HW & shield is only in combat.

Brettonians and Dwarfs will be exempt

Skirmishers

• Skirmishers are now a fixed formation, with a 1 inch gap between each and every model. -Avian and Kah-thurak - Note. The gap between them may actually be the same size as the base width.

X = Model

O = 1" Gap between

X O X O X O X O X

O O O O O O O O O

X O X O X O X O X

Still rank up in combat. May or may not have 360 Line of sight.

MAGIC

NOTE: The magic rumours nobody seems to agree on, so rather than try and find what exactly the truth is I will just put here most of the theories

Edit: I've sorted out the ones that seem more likely, based on the info from anonymous sources:

Generating Power and Dispel Dice

• Power dice aren’t generated by the number of spellcasters. The amount of dice is decided by 2D6. The active player gets the total as power dice and the other player the highest throw as dispel dice (throw 3+5, = 8 PD and 5 DD). (confirmed)

Channeling (confirmed that it exists)

• Each wizard may roll a D6 and generate an additional power dice on a roll of 6.
  • Each enemy wizard may roll a D6 and generate an additional dispel dice on a roll of 6.
  • You may not channel while fleeing, off the board or when you suffer from stupidity..

Maximum Power and Dispel Dice

• The maximum number of power or dispel dice you may have at any time is 12. This includes any power/dispel dice generated by special rules, spells and/or magic items.

Casting Spells

• To cast a spell, roll 1 to 6 Power dice and add your caster's power level. EG: A Slann casts fireball and uses 2D6. He rolls a 3 and a 4 - score of 7. He than adds his Power Level of 4, which results in a total roll of 11.

Miscasting Here is where I think we need a lot more information.

• It is rumoured that miscasts are entirely gone, but are replaced by a combined irresistible force/ miscast table effectively:
  • When you roll a double 6 the spell is cast with irresistible force, but the Caster has to roll on the "lost control" chart, which is devastating, and far more worse than the current miscast table.

Lost Control Chart

• Roll of 1: This has been confirmed as being even worse than number 4… Which (pure speculation) may involve every model in the unit taking a hit, this was something I actually heard a while back, but it could be worse than this.

Roll of 4: The wizard is sucked into the warp and the large template is centred over him. S10 hits for something (could be the centre model, meaning S5 for the rest?).

Bound spells

• Bound spells are cast like normal spells now, but instead of your caster's power level, you add the level of the magic item. (Not 100 % sure on this one)

• Every magic user has access to the pool.

• Most spells generally have a basic and an up-powered version (more likely) – Avian

Lore of Fire

• Some spells will scale up. One Example is Fireball; which sounds like it could be D6 S4, or 2D6 S5, or 3D6 S6 hits.

Lore of Metal

• One spell from the Lore of Metal: Swap the enemies armour save for their toughness, e.g. 1+ save and toughness 3 becomes toughness 1 and 3+ save.

Lore of Shadows

• One spell you can switch the position of two characters that are 'within 18"' (not sure if they have to be within 18" of each other, or just to the caster).

• Something rumoured is carrying over power dice, but holding too many could lead to a ‘magic backlash’. Wizard will recieve wounds or hits if he didn't use the excess power-dice (than originally allocated) at end of the turn.

• Each lore to get a mega spell.
  • Spells can be chosen, not rolled for, but can't be duplicated in the same army with the exception of the first spell of the lore -Avian (more likely)
  • If a wizard fails to reach the casting value, it's a miscast. -Avian (more likely)

Spells are now categorized. There are: Missiles, Curses, Buffs, Direct Damage and Power Whirl spells.

• Missiles: Require Line of Sight and may not be cast into close combat.
  • Curses: Modify enemy stats and/or equipment
  • Buffs: Support your own troops
  • Direct damage: Spells that use templates or apply to the whole target unit.
  • Power whirls: Apply to all of the battlefield or move across the table.!?

Each lore has an additional effect. For example:

• Lore of Shadows: After the wizard successfully casts a spell, he may switch places with another friendly character of the same unit type.
  • Lore of Death: For each wound caused by lore of death spells, roll a D6. On a roll of 5+ you are granted an additional power dice.
  • Lore of Fire: If the enemy suffered a from a fire lore spell earlier this magic phase, the caster is granted a Bonus of +3 when casting a fire spell upon the same target.
  • Lore of Metal: Direct damage spells from the lore of metal have no strength value. Instead the unmodified armour save of the target is the required roll to wound. This causes flaming attacks and ignores armour saves.

And the other rumours:

• Each spell can be cast once per magic phase, regardless of how many casters there are. - Avian says this is possibly speculation
  • Dispel scroll only adding dispel dice (+2 dice to the dispel dice pool once per game). (edit - possibly speculation)

SHOOTING

Bows fire in 2 ranks as standard.

• Units armed with bows, short bows and longbows fire in two ranks. Units armed with handguns, crossbows, anything else fire in 1 rank - Avian and someone else, so I'm considering this confirmed now.
  • Missile units will not gain a rank when shooting from hills. -Harry I think

True Line of sight Units draw true line of sight. You are considered in cover when shot at through another unit, granting a -1 or -2 penalty on to hit rolls. Note that someone else has said this is more likely as well.

War Machines

• Weapons using the flame template or large or small blast templates automatically hit any model in contact rather than cause partial hits. If you are touched, you are hit. -Avian and someone else, so I'm considering this confirmed now

War Machines: There'll be no guessing anymore. You place the template (or point of impact) where you want the weapon to hit and roll normally for scatter. Take with a big pinch of salt at this stage.

Change to Wound table

• All the ‘N’ are replaced with a 6… I’m taking this one with a fair bit of salt. COMBAT

NOTE: Trying to nail down what the facts are here is very hard. Some of this is only my understanding of what has been discussed.

Supportive Attacks

Infantry models in the second rank can fight, with a maximum of 1A per model. - Avian/Harry. Great weapons can only be used in one rank. – Godless. This is only for models fighting to the front. Units charged in the flank or rear only fight in 1 rank, but being charged in the flank or rear will not stop units fighting in multiple ranks to the front. Most special rules apply as normal. however... Whatever combination of weapons/ special rules/ spells/ whatever, infantry can only ever attack with 1 attack per model in the second and subsequent ranks. Spears +1 rank as normal, but one attack only (fighting in 3 ranks). Spearelves may fight with an additional rank as normal (citzen levy). Cavalry still only fight in 1 rank. This does not apply to Monstrous Infantry, who are rumoured to fight with their normal number of attacks from the second rank (more likely).

Stepping up. – Harry/ Avian / other people Casualties are strictly removed from the back. [extremely likely].

Horde 10+ wide units attack with one rank more than normal. There are no other requirements to be a Horde. - Avian

Stubborn If you are only engaged to the front and have more ranks than the opponent, you are Stubborn. - Avian/Harry

Unit Strength Unit Strength is completely gone, lots of things are altered to compensate for this. -Avian

Rank bonuses Unchanged. Up to 3.

One Save. A model can always take an armour save. They can then take either a ward save or a regeneration save.

Monstrous Creatures 40mm models moving to 3 model-wide ranks. Ogre sized models are officially being put into their own size category (finally).

Crush them! Monstrous Cavalry and Monstrous Infantry are granted 1 bonus attack with the "always strikes last" special rule, at base strength

Destroy them! Larger Creatures and Monsters do D6 attacks instead of 1 attack for crush them.

Striking in Initiative order Combat will always strictly be resolved in initiative order (confirmed).

Chariots S7 autokill is gone. - Avian (more likely)

Outnumbering Enemy There will be no CR bonus for outnumbering the enemy.

Flank/ Rear charges & Combat Resolution Units need to have at least 2 complete ranks in order to negate enemy flank/rear. (more likely)

Change to Wound table All the ‘N’ are replaced with a 6… I’m taking this one with a fair bit of salt.

Breath Weapons Now apply in close combat, dealing 2D6 hits with the breath weapons strength. This is in initiative order. At the moment it looks like it will be in addition to regular attacks, not instead of.

WEAPONS

Combat Weapons

Great weapons Always strike last (this overrides any army book rules). Can only be used in the first rank. - Godless

Missile Weapons Longbows Same. See shooting above for more rules

PSYCHOLOGY and SPECIAL RULES

The number of universal special rules has doubled. Presumably this is just drawing in some from the army books themselves.

Panic If a large unit panics, ie. 30 Orcs, they panic all smaller units within 18 inches. But if your general is withing 12 inches you are immune to panic.. Take this with a lot of salt.- Avian says this is possibly speculation(Avian)

Fear and Terror When you charge a Fear or Terror causer you take the Fear/Terror test not before you charge, but at the start of the combat phase. - Avian

If you fail the Fear/Terror test you are reduced to WS1 & A1. Presumably mounts are reduced to WS1 & A1 as well.

Terror comes with a chance to run away.

Autobreaking from fear or terror is gone. Leadership tests against fear is rumoured to be going Fear and Terror incorporate immune to panic (with possibly a change to crumbling for undead).

Killing Blow Killing blow only against models in a similar size category or lower (large creature>ogre sized> infantry/cavalry sized) (edit: apparently this is close, but not quite right). Killing blow is still a roll of 6.

Always Strike Last Models with great weapons will always strike last

Always Strike First ASL combined with ASF cancel each other out. Strike in initiative order.

However ASF + higher initiative than your enemy: Reroll to hit rolls. So even if Swordmasters and White Lions are striking in initiative order they may get re-rolls to hit!

Frenzy You still get +1 attack on the charge (front rank only). You may suppress charging with a leadership test. If you fail, you have to attack the closest target.

Magic Resistance This has been changed to improve an existing Ward Save, or to grant a Ward Save to magic.

Magic Resistance 1 = +1 Ward Save against Magic. For a unit without a ward save this is 6+ Magic Resistance 2 = +2 Ward Save against Magic. For a unit without a ward save this is 5+ Magic Resistance 3 = +3 Ward Save against Magic. For a unit without a ward save this is 4+

For things that already have a Ward Save, Flesh Hounds for instance, they have a 5+ Ward save already, and MR(3). This gives them a 5+ save against shooting/ combat, and a 2+ Ward Save against magic.

Regeneration Regeneration will come in several types. The Slanns ability for example will grant him Regeneration (3+), while there is a mundane magic item that grants regeneration (6+).

MAGIC ITEMS

Apparently there is an absolutely HUGE list of magic items in the book… Could easily be 50+ (possibly 85). There is a chance you may not be able to duplicate most of them in a list.

OTHER RULEBOOK CONTENTS

Multiple objective driven scenarios in the rulebook (no kill points). See GW grand tournament and doubles scenarios.

15 or so missions in the new rulebook. 9 or 10 of the missions required units to capture objectives (not just core). Units must have banners to capture objectives. Several missions had multiple objectives

Victory Conditions Interestingly something I picked up from a post was that ‘victory conditions’ have been referred to in the last 3 books, not victory points.

A section in the rulebook dealing with specific issues that may arise during battles

Terrain Difficult terrain may be merged with very difficult. D6+4 compulsory terrain. Terrain will not just affect the movement phase so much but will affect fleeing units, like in the War of the Ring game. The rulebook includes terrain rules for all the GW products. Bonuses and hazards for terrain (such as rolling the dice to see how many people don’t make it out of the wood...). This appears to be D6 for every model, on a 1 a model is lost. This is only the tip of the iceberg… Finding a magic item in the woods. Something to do with a unit charging out of a cursed forest causing fear. - Avian says this is possibly speculation Fighting in woods is -1 CR for ranked infantry and +1 CR for skirmishers. Might be worse for cavalry. – Avian

There are rules for dangerous terrain, and for some unit types different types of terrain are treated as dangerous.

Discredited rumours Fight-until-someone-breaks Lapping around Armour Save Modifiers changing. They’re not.

Kommentarer

• fett, om den här snubben vet vad han pratar om låter det som att det blir ganska stora förändringar.. låter lovande faktiskt

• edited 13 januari 2010 17:39

GW's pOlicy about leeks

Vad har de för policy kring purjolök? ;)

Måste annars säga att för en person som sedan något år tillbaka lagt WFB helt på hyllan, låter det onekligen väldigt intressant med en del av förändringarna. Märks att de sneglat lite på W40k med t ex standard för att hålla object.

• edited 13 januari 2010 18:03

Jag känner mig personligen lite skeptisk till att de gör Fantasy till objektiv-baserat som 40k, till skillnad från VP-baserat, (som jag har hört på annat håll att de tänker göra) men jag gillar dessa förändringar.

Jag tycker dessutom att spjut borde få en bonus mot kavalleri (kanske att de ignorerar kavallerirustnings-bonusen, dvs ger -1 save modifier).

• Man kan ju alltid hoppas att det blir så här, men jag är tveksam än så länge.

• Varför skulle man hoppas på det här? 7th edition är den bästa versionen av reglerna hittills, visst kan man förbättra vissa grejer men ett kvantsprång låter helt onödigt. Warhammer är inte brutet, men några arméböcker är det. Blir Warhammer ett spel som till större delen avgörs av slumpen (random charge lenght, random magic) så lägger jag nog det på hyllan.

Jag vet att GW är helkåta på att göra WFB till 40K eftersom 5th ed blev en hit. Jag gissar att Pitched Battle åker the way of the dodo.

• Tror GW tätar de läckor i reglerna som uppstått genom att man fått igenom sina visioner i en del arméböcker och fått arméerna att agera som de är tänkta, men genom vissa tweaks i grundreglerna, rättar man enklare till de generella felen som en del arméer dras med, t ex Ogre Kingdoms som verkar kunna få en boost med nya combat bonusar. I alla fall blir det enklare än att ge ut flera nya arméböcker som alternativet är.

Sen hurvida Pitched Battle åker eller ej är väl inte så viktigt. Krävs ju inget geni för att spela ett sånt scenario. Däremot är det tveksamt att man helt eliminerar PB, då det är den mest typiska slaguppställningen för krigföring fram tills för lite drygt 100 år sedan. För övrigt kan jag ju bara tipsa om att det är riktigt kul att gå tillbaka och köra gamla scenarion (åtminstone i W40K). "The more the merrier".

• edited 13 januari 2010 23:32

Dom verkar ha dragit en HEL del insperatyion från War of the Rings där standard inf faktiskt dödar saker genom att fler får slå istället för bätre stats.

Random chargrenge är garanterat taget därifrån.

Men kan någon klarifera villken regel han hänsyftar med

"there is also a musician rule he told me that might be introduced, something from Ancient Battles but I never played that so I don't know"

Är förövrigt grymt tagad på de här förändringarna låter skit kul om det blir ett "bätre" spel vet jag inte men det låter roligare.

• Tycker power/dispel dice genereringen låter riktigt trevligt tycker jag, det gör ju att man med ett par småmagiker i armén ändå kan få lite extra tärningar att leka med, samtidigt som motståndaren då få ett likvärdigt extraförsvar. Sedan kan ju hotet om att man i snitt en gång per match åker på att motståndaren får 4 eller 5 bonus dispeldice gör ju att det blir lite svårare att lita på att magin ska vinna matchen åt en.

D6 extra chargerange har jag lite svårt att bestämma mig för vad jag tycker, men att ha 1" mer i move blir ju en mindre fördel än vad det är nu, vilket jag ser som positivt.

Att de gör Infanteri bättre är ju bara positivt, dock undrar jag om ASF infanteri blir balanserat med två rankers fighting .

Regeländringar som jag personligen skulle vilja se i nästa edition:

Spells måste kastas med minst 2D6

Dispel scrolls dispellar inte automatiskt, utan används efter du slagit dispel rollet för att lägga till en sexa till dispelresultatet.

Ta bort templaterna. war machines som änvänder templates i nuläget gör istället 2/3/4D6 träffar beroende på hur kraftig maskinen är, enheter som inte är träffade men inom 3" från nedslaget tar 1D6 träffar. Breathweapons gör 3D6 på en enhet inom 6". Skirmishers tar 1D6 färre träffar, single models 2D6 färre träffar (man slår så många tärningar mindre alltså).

• jag vill inte möta swordmasters i två ranker om detta stämmer...

möjliga 29 ws6 s5 asf attacker känns långt upp i ändtarmen kan jag säga
  • edited 14 januari 2010 12:06
    Nämen, nu ska vi inte vara så där.

Det är väl inte så farligt kan jag tycka.

Nä, jag är rädd för Gnoblars! Så billiga och få slå med två ranker!!

Kanske kan vara så att de bara får slå med två ranker om de chargar? Det skulle vara en bra bonus för infanteri, de får slå med en rank extra, och sedan den dära random charge bonusen. Lite mer chansartat javisst, men vem vet hur bra marken är på vägen fram egentligen?

Och mot kavaleri kanske en ändring av rank bonus systemet kan vara lösningen. Eller bara så enkelt att rankat infanteri med standard är de enda som kan hålla objektiv är morot nog för att ta mer infanteri soldater än just kavaleri.

En fantasy arme utan kavaleri är kanske inte så kul de heller, men en del varianter av det är lite för bra, Cold one knights och Chaos knights i synerhet.
  • Jag är på. Men det är ju sådan jag är - en positiv och bejakande person.
  • Kommer inte kavalleri utan rankbonus att slå synnerligen hårt mot Bretonnians?

Annars låter det som riktigt bra ändringar.
  • "jag vill inte möta swordmasters i två ranker om detta stämmer..." enigt de ryckten jag hört så är reglerna om extra ranker som slås till för att bosta standard inf så det är nog bundet till någon forma av krav typ full rankbonus elelr något.

Ps det spåns för fult om detta på warseer

Kommer inte kavalleri utan rankbonus att slå synnerligen hårt mot Bretonnians? Knske går att fixa genom en regel i Bretonia boken typ Lanceformation ^^

vad jag är mäst nyfiken p är om dom går fullt ut Wotr och gör att en 1a på charg movet betyder att chargen mislyckas oavsätt avstånd...

• Hur blir det för kaosdvärgarna?
    Blir det att köra med samma ravening hordes regler?
  • Anledningen till varför jag hoppas på dessa regeländringar är för att jag verkligen gillar 40k, och antagligen skulle tycka om fantasy mer om vissa av de här förslagen går igenom, .

• JonaThan!
    Hur blir det för kaosdvärgarna?
    Blir det att köra med samma ravening hordes regler?

Tänkte samma sak. Har funderat på att börja bygga en emodvärgarmé, men får nog avvakta tills efter att den nya regelboken kommit ut.

Men med tanke på ryktena om att Forge World ska göra en armé så tror jag att man kommer att kunna lira med dem även under 8th ed.
  • edited 18 januari 2010 09:36
    Men forge world... det blir ju apdyrt, och säkert utan hattar....

Sorry, off topic...
  • Coolt chaos dwarfs. Låter as coolt. Äää det kostar lite. Det är bara pengar jag får bara ta lite extra framöver av mina kunder... =D
  • edited 21 april 2010 23:22

Var ett tag sedan den här tråden var uppe så tenkte uppdatera den med den senasta (vad jag sett) summerngen av 8e editionen regeler

varning det här är en vägg av text =)

"More reliable rumours

• Army construction is moving back to percentages.
    • Strength in Depth/ Stepping up
    • Crush attack for larger creatures
    • 40mm models moving to 3 model-wide ranks.
    • Multiple objective driven scenarios in the rulebook
    • All non-english rulebooks are moving to inches.
    • Power dice aren’t generated by the number of spellcasters. The pool is decided by 2D6. Magic users add their magic level to the score rolled. All Wizards have a chance to generate more power dice.
    • All missile units fire in two ranks (not just High Elves). Missile units will not gain a rank when shooting from hills.
    • Autobreaking from fear or terror is gone.

Warhammer 8th Ed Rulebook to be released July 10th 500+ pages (possibly 528) Possibly going to get the pdf erratas for all armies on July 6th

Other rumours (and description of above)

These are all listed in no particular order.

ARMY SELECTION

• Army construction is moving back to percentages. This is looking more like 25% max characters, 25% min core, 25% max special and 25% max rare (anonymous source, but trustworthy ) The 25% characters includes mounts.

Edit. Just as I thought this part was looking certain, there have been some rumours/ sources saying 25% max characters, 25% min core, 50% max special and 15% max rare. I will edit one out as it become clear.

• Categories for core/special/rare are remaining.

• There may be something to prevent spamming...
    • There will be a system wide errata to clear up issues for each army.

MAGIC

NOTE: The magic rumours nobody seems to agree on, so rather than try and find what exactly the truth is I will just put here most of the theories

Edit: I've sorted out the ones that seem more likely, based on the info from an anonymous (trustworthy) source:

• Power dice aren’t generated by the number of spellcasters. The pool is decided by 2D6. Magic users add their magic level to the score rolled. All Wizards have a chance to generate more power dice. - Avian (edit: This could be 1 PD for lvl 1/2 and 2 PD for lvl 3/4). Example: 2D6 roll gives you 3 and 6. You have 1 level 2 and 1 level 4. Power dice =9+1+2 = 12

• Giving irresistible force a downside

• Double 6 = a miscast
    • Making miscasts much more devastating.
    • Something rumoured is carrying over power dice, but holding too many could lead to a ‘magic backlash’. Wizard will recieve wounds or hits if he didn't use the excess power-dice (than originally allocated) at end of the turn.
    • All the book Lores will have more supportive spells than they have now, and will all be getting a major overhaul. Each lore to get a mega spell.
    • Spells can be chosen, not rolled for.

And the other rumours:

• There's no limit to the number of dice used to cast a spell, by any level of caster.
    • If a wizard fails to cast (not counting dispels) twice in a row he miscasts
    • Dispel scroll only adding dispel dice (+2 dice to the dispel dice pool once per game). (edit - possibly speculation)
    • Dispel attempts to be made by specific wizards (presumable your casting level is beneficial for dispelling spells)
    • A higher chance of miscast with multiple casters.
    • If a wizard fail to cast a spell he can't cast other spells in the same phase.

COMBAT

NOTE: Trying to nail down what the facts are here is very hard. Some of this is only my understanding of what has been discussed.

What is 100% clear is that models in the second rank will have some role to play in most combats.

Stepping up. – Harry/ Avian

• Basically how this works is that the second rank get to fight only if the guy in front is killed. But they only get a single attack regardless of what their profile attacks are, or what weapons they are carrying* . It is not clear yet whether they get to use special rules in addition to this or not at all (frenzy, hatred and killing blow etc). Only once there are insufficient models left to replace those that are killed in the attacking rank will the overall attacks of the unit drop.

*It has yet to be clarified exactly how models with spears get to use them.

No word on the impact for High Elves. Possibly the spearelves will fight with an additional rank.

Cavalry still only fight in 1 rank.

Example:

You have a unit of 20 guys, 5x4, 5 of which are in base contact with the enemy and 15 are not. The enemy strikes first and kills 6 of your guys. As you now have 14 models you have sufficient numbers to step up and replace casualties.

Because the front 2 ranks consists of 10 models overall, 6 of which are now dead, you still get to fight back with 4 models. In the next round of combat, the ranks are reset, so 5 models are in base contact, 5 in the second rank (capable of ‘stepping up’) and 4 in the third (remember, you still have 14 models). This time the enemy kills a further 8 models, leaving you with 2 models that get to fight back and a unit of 6.

This is the same regardless of which side they are attacked on.

Horde

• Fight in 3 ranks if 10+ wide (4 with spears). - Avian. OR Some benefit to fighting in large units, may automatically become stubborn beyond a certain unit size. – Harry - (edit) seemingly confirmed from another source).

Another edit: Seems this Horde rule may work like this: If the unit is 10+ wide and 5 ranks deep (50+ models) the front 2 ranks may all fight, regardless of whether they are in base contact. My guess is that this is using their regular weapons (not just a hand weapon), as it would explain how people have got up to 5 ranks in combat (2 front, Spears = 3, Citizen levy = 4, Horde = 5). At this stage just another rumour.

Rank bonuses

• A unit may still get up to +3 for being 5 wide. A new rumour is that they can get an additional rank bonus up to +4 for each additional model wide that they are. (awaiting confirmation, if this is true, on how it will work.

One Save to ruin them all!

• Models will only ever get one save (be it ward, mundane or magical armour). No word yet on whether regeneration is included. From Alessio himself!

40mm models

• 40mm models moving to 3 model-wide ranks. Ogre sized models are officially being put into their own size category (finally).

Crush them!

• Additional stomp/crush attacks for big infantry (ogres, trolls, etc) to represent them trampling lesser races underfoot. Bigger bonus for large creatures like giants. These are not impact hits. (edit: these could be overrun hits)

Armour Save Modifiers

• Fewer armour save modifiers

Striking in Initiative order

• Combat will be resolved in initiative order. This rumour is coming from many different places. I'm currently trying to get more info.

Chariots

• S7 autokill is gone. (edit: possibly not speculation)

MOVEMENT

Standard Movement

• Measure the distance for the furthest moving model, and perform whatever manoeuvres you wish within that lax limitation (i.e. they all move like fast cav currently do, minus the reform). Command models will have some role to play in giving free manoeuvre as you move (Musician bonus similar to Ancient Battles?).

Charging.

• An added 'bonus' of getting an 'extra' +D6 or +D3 inches of movement to your Movement range (presumably the D6 or D3 decided by the category of warrior; infantry/cavalry/ogre sized). Edit; rumoured to be:

Movement equal to or less than 6 (and not flying): -> Basic M value + D6

Movement equal to or more than 7 (and not flying): -> Basic M value + 2D6

Heavy cavalry

• Heavy cavalry, defined as any cavalry with a 2+ or better save, cannot march. They can double their move when charging as normal, but they are not allowed to make a March move.
        • "Medium and Fast cavalry remain the same".

SHOOTING

Armour Save Modifiers

• As it happens to be the same rumour; fewer armour save modifiers.

Fire in 2 ranks as standard.

• Missile units fire in two ranks (not just High Elves). - Harry & someone else. Missile units will not gain a rank when shooting from hills.

PSYCHOLOGY and SPECIAL RULES

Fear and Terror

• Edit: this may be

Fear +1 to Combat resolution Terror +2 to Combat resolution

• Autobreaking from fear or terror is gone.
    • Leadership tests against fear is rumoured to be going
    • Fear and Terror incorporate immune to panic (with possibly a change to crumbling for undead).

Killing Blow

• Killing blow only against models in a similar size category or lower (large creature>ogre sized> infantry/cavalry sized)

OTHER RULEBOOK CONTENTS

• Multiple objective driven scenarios in the rulebook (no kill points). See GW grand tournament and doubles scenarios.

• 15 or so missions in the new rulebook. 9 or 10 of the missions required Core units to capture objectives. Units must have banners to capture objectives. Several missions had multiple objectives

• Victory Conditions Interestingly something I picked up from a post was that ‘victory conditions’ have been referred to in the last 3 books, not victory points.

• A section in the rulebook dealing with specific issues that may arise during battles

Terrain

• Difficult terrain may be merged with very difficult and encompass more things (presumably more than just affecting movement).
    • D6+4 cumpulsory terrain.
    • Terrain will not affect the movement phase so much but will affect fleeing units, like in the War of the Ring game.
    • Bonuses and hazards for terrain (such as rolling the dice to see how many people don’t make it out of the wood...).

Discredited rumours

Fight-until-someone-breaks

Lapping around

Weapons using the flame template or large or small blast templates automatically hit any model in contact rather than cause partial hits. "

• Vad hemskt, det låter ju som man måste överväga att spela fantasy igen, hur ska man ha tid med det ><

• Fear and Terror When in combat, units or monsters with these rules gain 1 or 2 or 3 points of Static Combat modifier. This is added to the number of wounds caused by the Fear/Terror model/unit, as well as ranks, banners, etc. These bonuses may be cumulative between fear/terror causing things attacking a unit. Autobreaking from fear or terror is gone.

Mycket bra regel! Hoppas det blir så

• Gillar också nya fear/terror lösningen. Gillar också försämringen av dispel scrolls, nu kanske man får se någon kasta sjunde skavenmagin :)

• 40mm units får rankbonus på 3+! Bra regel, ger orges ett lyft.

Annar känns det som om dom importerar för mycket från War of the Ring och 40k. Det tycker jag är dåligt, jag älskar fantasys nuvarande regler.
  • edited 17 april 2010 18:22

Fear and Terror When in combat, units or monsters with these rules gain 1 or 2 or 3 points of Static Combat modifier. This is added to the number of wounds caused by the Fear/Terror model/unit, as well as ranks, banners, etc. These bonuses may be cumulative between fear/terror causing things attacking a unit.

Personligen tycker jag att det bara borde gälla om enheten redan har vunnit striden. Alltså helt enkelt att man vinner med mer, men inte att man har lättare att vinna en strid för att man är fearcausing.

• edited 17 april 2010 19:43
    Jag håller med pannben, alla undead lag skulle tjäna jättemycket på combat resolution om man fick bonus hela tiden.
  • Personligen tycker jag att det bara borde gälla om enheten redan har vunnit striden. Alltså helt enkelt att man vinner med mer, men inte att man har lättare att vinna en strid för att man är fearcausing.

Jag skulle tro det blir nått i den stilen, annars gynnar det stora monster alldeles för mycket. Med +2 statiskt combat res skulle dem kunna breaka RnF rätt lätt.

• edited 19 april 2010 00:02

WarHammer

"The Warhammer world is a place riven by relentless warfare and the corrupting power of dark magic. It’s a place where vile creatures and titanic monsters roam the lands, where vast armies of evil warriors unleash slaughter upon their victims and only the unceasing valour of the forces of Order prevent the whole world slipping away into chaos and death.

Amidst this tapestry of conflict and carnage are races fair and foul, warriors chivalrous and brutal. These are the combatants who fight for dominance of the world. From the blasted north come warmongering tribes of Chaos Warriors, armour-clad barbarians who have thrown their lot in with the Dark Gods of Chaos. In the Badlands gather the greenskinned marauders known as the Orcs and Goblins, vicious, brutal creatures whose insatiable lust for war grows almost as quickly as their vast numbers. Beneath the cities of the civilised realms nestle the repulsive ratmen, subhuman creatures whose machinations spread disease and distrust – these are the Skaven and they wish only to destroy and dominate all others. Even the forests of the Old World are not safe, for the trees themselves are things of malign presence and the Beastmen dwell within, the children of Chaos – braying beasts who crave slaughter and the chance to enact their savagery on the civilised races.

The Warhammer world is a place where you must bury your dead deeply, for Necromancers and Vampires raise the legions of undeath in their war against the living. Far away in the south the legendary kings of a long-dead kingdom now awaken, leaving their vast tomb cities to wage war upon all under the sun, their skeletal legions a chilling parody of their once glittering majesty.

All these examples of horror are enough to cause weaker hearts to quail, but there are those who resist the darkness, kingdoms and realms that fight for survival. The Empire, greatest of all the nations of Men musters regiments of brave soldiers. Armed with faith in Sigmar, their warrior god, and with tempered steel and black powder weapons they defend their lands. South and east of the Empire lies Bretonnia, a land of chivalry and noble tradition. There, bold knights harken the call of their mighty king and ride out to crusade against the monsters of the Old World. Dwarfs, in their mountain strongholds, are as unyielding as the stone around them as they battle above and below the ground. Loyal allies, but terrible enemies, the Dwarfs are brave-hearted and steadfast as they protect their once-great realm.

In far-off lands the Elves fight out their bitter blood feud against one another – a mighty civilisation that spanned the continents but is now riven with strife and betrayal. Perhaps the greatest warriors in all the world, their numbers are now few and too many of those that remain are lost each day in the unending war between Ulthuan and Naggaroth.

This is a world where victory and death rest upon a knife-edge and the fate of the world, be it damnation or salvation, will soon be decided.

Warhammer, the Game of Fantasy Battles will be released in July. The preparation for this date has been a time of great excitement here in the Studio as we have lavished detail, care and attention onto the rulebook and the fantastic Citadel miniatures range that it accompanies.

Now is the time to gather your regiments, paint your armies and prepare for a battle like never before. If you have a Warhammer army, dust it off and finish up those last few models. If you’ve always been tempted to collect a force there really has never been a better time to start! Warhammer is coming and it’s going to be great."

• Antar att det vicktiga är "Warhammer, the Game of Fantasy Battles will be released in July."

• edited 19 april 2010 00:54

Är det bara min uppfattning, eller har det inte gått lite kortare tid än det brukar innan GW släppt en ny version av core rules till ett av sina huvudspel? (Indikation på sämre version av reglerna eller på att WFB tappat till W40k?)

Tänkte mest på att det väl är 4 arméer (tror jag - Bretonnia, WE, OK och TK ) som inte fått 7th Ed Armybooks... [räknar inte med Chaos Dwarfs, som nog aldrig lär på en armybook eller DoW som jag tror GW avskrivit som armé].